Call For Nominations – NYS Dental Foundation Board of Trustees
The Nominating Committee of the New York State Dental Foundation (NYSDF) will meet in September to select candidates to serve on the NYSDF Board of Trustees. The term of office for a trustee is three years. Recommendations will be submitted for consideration by the NYSDF Board at its annual meeting in November 2022.
Additionally, the New York State Dental Association shall nominate two NYSDA members to serve one- year (January – December 2023) terms of office on the NYSDF Board of Trustees. Such nominations will be forwarded to the NYSDF Board for review and ratification at the annual meeting.
Current NYSDF Trustees may submit nominations from amongst themselves for officer positions.
NYSDF Board members should have:
- A strong belief in board service as a critical element of successful nonprofit leadership;
- Experience working with affiliated organizations and providing capacity building and leadership development;
- A strong network of decision-makers and influencers at corporations and other nonprofits and the willingness to tap those connections to help the Foundation connect with potential partners.
NYSDF Board members are responsible for:
- Accepting the NYSDF Bylaws and being morally responsible for the health and well-being of this organization;
- Making a financial donation to the NYSDF;
- Actively engaging in fundraising for this organization, which may include: individual solicitations, undertaking special events, writing mail appeals, and the like;
- Taking an active part in reviewing, approving and monitoring the NYSDF budget and fundraising to meet it;
- Knowing and overseeing the implementation of NYSDF policies and programs;
- Actively promoting the New York State Dental Foundation and encouraging and supporting its staff;
- Attending Board meetings, being available for phone consultation, and serving on at least one New York State Dental Foundation committee;
- Completing and returning to the office the Foundation’s Conflict of Interest Statement, in accordance with IRS requirements, and
- Offering resignation from Board if unable to fulfill these obligations.
For more information about the New York State Dental Foundation, or to view its Constitution & Bylaws, see the documents below.
The Nominating Committee will accept nominations through Friday, 29 July. Eligible candidates may nominate themselves by sending a letter of interest along with the completed Trustee Candidate Application to the email below. Individuals wishing to nominate somebody else to the Board should send the completed Foundation Trustee Nomination Form to the email below.
All nominations should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.