The Nominating Committee of the New York State Dental Foundation (NYSDF) will meet in September to select candidates to serve on the NYSDF Board of Trustees. The Nominating Committee will submit its recommended slate of Trustee candidates and Board officers for consideration at the Foundation’s annual meeting on 6 November 2020.
Terms of office for Foundation trustees are three years.
Additionally, the New York State Dental Association shall nominate two NYSDA members to serve one- year (January – December 2021) terms of office as members of the NYSDF Board of Trustees. Such nominations will be forwarded to the NYSDF Board for review and ratification at the annual meeting.
Current NYSDF Trustees are invited to submit nominations from amongst themselves for the officer positions of Chair, Vice Chair, and Treasurer.
NYSDF Board members should have:
- A strong belief in board service as a critical element of successful nonprofit leadership;
- Experience working with affiliated organizations and providing capacity building and leadership development;
- A strong network of decision-makers and influencers at corporations and other nonprofits and the willingness to tap those connections to help the Foundation connect with potential partners.
NYSDF Board members are responsible for:
- Taking an active part in reviewing, approving and monitoring the NYSDF budget and fundraising to meet it;
- Knowing and overseeing the implementation of NYSDF policies and programs;
- Accepting the NYSDF Bylaws and being morally responsible for the health and well-being of this organization;
- Making a financial donation to the NYSDF;
- Actively engaging in fundraising for this organization, which may include: individual solicitations, undertaking special events, writing mail appeals, and the like;
- Actively promoting the New York State Dental Foundation and encouraging and supporting its staff;
- Attending Board meetings, being available for phone consultation, and serving on at least one New York State Dental Foundation committee;
- Completing and returning to the office the Foundation’s Conflict of Interest Statement, in accordance with IRS requirements, and
- Offering resignation from Board if unable to fulfill these obligations.
The Nominating Committee will accept nominations through Wednesday, 29 July. Eligible candidates may nominate themselves by sending a letter of interest along with the completed Trustee Candidate Application to the address below. Individuals wishing to nominate somebody else to the Board should send the completed Foundation Trustee Nomination Form to the address below.
All nominations should be sent to: NYSDF Executive Director, 20 Corporate Woods Blvd., Suite 602, Albany, NY 12211, or to email@example.com.